Friday, July 12, 2013

Princess Eyes, gibberish, & a new perspective

As many of you know, Taylor had eye muscle surgery a couple weeks ago. I am pleased to say that this eye surgery has surpassed what I ever dreamed it could do... Her vision although she will still need glasses has made leaps and bounds since birth - For the first time tomorrow, I will fill a prescription for glasses, that is lower than the original prescription that she received at the age of 1. We are forever thankful as a family, to Dr. Cogen and his staff at UAB - Callahan Eye Hospital in Birmingham, AL.

With the surgery came the last two weeks of what I would describe as a rollercoaster of events... From overheating to fevers to throwing up all the way to fainting. I thought we had seen it all, till I noticed that Taylor had begun to stutter again... something that we had not seen in a few months. With the stuttering came back what we have dubbed as Taylor's secret language... Some days I can hear Taylor clear as day and understand her - just yesterday she told her Occupational Therapist, that Princesses do not go to space. But as we go further and further away from the surgery ( whether it is related or not) she has definitely regressed back to Taylor's world... I can only pray that with intense work at home and in therapies we bring her back to where she was.

With all of this Nick and myself have gained a new perspective, not only for our family but for our relationship as well. There are times when I have cried about everything going on with Taylor or I meet another Mito mom and see similarities or they see the similarities and point them out before I have a chance to speak...I have spent many nights sitting in bed crying and praying that we find answers soon. Here is to waiting on doctors and continuing to fight for Taylor. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment